Friday, May 4, 2007

Fiberosity



If you are reading the other cockpit crew's musings, you know that at a certain age, plenty people start talking about fiber and how it might improve certain... ah...processes (I'll be discreet about that subject). We have tried the powder in the picture and for this type of product, it is pretty agreeable: a fine powder that is tasteless and dissolves well. The label says that you can add to your favourite recipe (I'm interested in the product, but not that interested).

As for the Ulcerative colitis, well, I suppose that the medicine may be starting to work, but the affected area was quite inflamed and probably will take awhile to fix everything. The GI doctor, as well as my personal physician have said that my case was relatively mild...I'd hate to see what a relatively severe case entails!

I am thinking about trying my hand at vegetarian cooking (not vegan, I like to cook with butter!). Garbanzo salads we have made, with the beans, celery and carrots and that had fiber. I've never cooked eggplant, for instance. Any ideas from my "audience"

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

i love to grill veggies. i have a kind of basket thingy for the grill and i throw a bunch of whatever kind in there, well peas would fall out, haha, but pretty much any kind, a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and you are good to go. good luck with the fiber...

smiles, bee

Lynn said...

Are there foods that you need to avoid? ie: citrus, tomatoes, etc? The reason I am asking is that I might have some good recipes, but don't want to send any to you that have "forbidden foods".

Ralph said...

Lynn, No prohibitions on any veggies or fruits. None of those contribute to any problems with the UC. Thanx

Joan said...

Although I think I eat a high fiber diet (lots and lots of veggies), my body tells me something else so I'm happy to hear that the product in the graphic has your approval. I'm getting desperate...and uncomfortable!