Thursday, May 31, 2007

Pre Wedding Blues

I have been reading with interest about the lovely Patti's wedding clothing dilemmas. Happily, Terry has started the ball rolling with the tops for tomorrow's wedding extravaganza on the New Haven Harbor. Patti shouldn't worry about the navy Blue skirt, so one will notice...at a previous wedding (Walker), you will notice one lady I happen to know pretty well wearing a Blue dress, anyone care to guess who? By the way, does anyone think a certain guy took this picture from a wheelchair? Did they grow, or did I shrink?

It's much easier for a guy, so maybe I can't adequately empathize...all I need to do is have a particular shirt washed. pull the suit off the hanger, polish my dress black shoes, and pick out a tie that I like...not much effort (or angst) in that. Check the publicity photo of the place we'll be for the reception. Even the umbrellas are Blue...Patti, of course will be the most striking looking of all the guests in attendance (she can't upstage the bride on her day I suppose). No need to worry about a blue skirt...

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

she will be lovely i am sure!

smiles, bee

ps: you need to taste a real southern biscuit, they are made from soft wheat flour and that is the difference...

Lynn said...

How about if you try to coordinate your shirt and tie with your First Officers outfit?

Michael C said...

It looks like a very nice place. It is nice how easy it is for us to dress up, isn't it.

Joan said...

I'm sure you will be as handsome as your First Officer is lovely. Of course we'd love a photo (taken at the wedding) of our favorite blogging couple in their finest.

Patti said...

as long as there are no photos from the neck up

Rick said...

I noted that one of the things you do is the same I do which is polish your shoes before a special event. I cant tell you how many times my lovely wife has gotten ready to throw out perfectly good shoes because they were scuffed. I would polish them and Joan would be astonished that she had "new" shoes again.

the moose buyer said...

what a beautiful location for the wedding. You don't see that here at all.

If we want water around our weddings her in So Calif, it's usually on a golf course or in front of a fake waterfall. It's just not the same!!