Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Saturday in May

Our lawn was looking way overgrown until today. Our lawn mower was being repaired last week, but we just picked it up. (One of the advantage of my wheelchair E150 van is the lift makes it easy to get power equipment fixed or make dump runs on Saturdays). Kid1 just mowed the lawn, trimmed with the weedwacker and used the blower to remove the grass clippings from the road. Our front lawn has reverted to its rightful place as the best looking on the street (IMO).

Kid2 is with his drama club in NYC today. They took the Metro North train from Milford to New York at about 8:20 and will return about 11:35 tonight. They saw a show on Broadway and are taking in the sights of the big city. The teacher who spearheaded this trip was also the director of A Streetcar Named Desire in March, and is so passionate and excited by the written word and acting, I wish all my teachers in HS were as exciting as this guy.

I'm taking Kid1 to the U of H tomorrow, as she is one of the volunteer students being involved as ushers at the graduation commencement. We are proud of her first year, she has been involved with the campus TV station and was the layout editor of the yearbook. These are great activities, and she is not a partier at all. She has made lots of new friends, and really has enjoyed college, and we are happy for that.

Finally, Kid2 and the AHS band are playing at the Veterans memorial in or town, which covers WW2, Korea, Vietnam. It is just a nice tribute to the townspersons who fought for the USA (and those who didn't return). Hooray to the band and Kid2 for participating!

6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

sure sounds like you have some great kids there my friend... lucky duck!

smiles, bee

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

oh, and i just noticed, your labels are broadway and lawnmower, bet that is a first for that combination! ha ha....

Joan said...

Would Kid1 like to come to my house and do some yard work while I accompany Kid2 on his fabulous NYC day trip??? You are one lucky dad to have such great kids!!!

Lynn said...

I wish I had a big back yard...Although I can't seem to keep up with the one I have. (sigh)
And if I plant something in the ground, the wild bunny rabbits like to hop into my back yard and eat it.

Michael C said...

I have to go out later today and return my front lawn to ts rightful status of the 12th most impressive lawn on our street.

Patti said...

How many houses on your street? I'm guessing 12.