Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Tag - I'm It

I have been tagged by Joan...Ten things of interest about me??
  1. I like old American cars with big fins. I'd love to have a 1958 Chrysler New Yorker, 392 Hemi and push button TorqueFlite in turquoise and white with fat whitewalls and those fins. I enjoy old car shows to look cars from the 40-50-60's.
  2. I like singing to the cat. The other day I was singing along to the Beatles Lovely Rita. and Humphrey was either squinting away (or falling asleep)
  3. I love those classic old Warner Bros. cartoons directed by such greats as Chuck Jones and Friz Freeling. Some of my favorites are Rabbit Every Monday, A Rabbit Grows in Brooklyn and What's Up Doc. These weren't really kids cartoons, but had adult sensibilities. Can you imagine being in a production meeting where the grownups are trying to figure out how to blow up a cartoon character without killing him?
  4. I like to cook (and eat) many comfort foods, such as chili and pot roast. And the F.O. recently purchased a large capacity crock pot to do just that.
  5. As for TV, I don't want to watch one genre of shows, My tastes these days include the Food Network (most any show), Modern Marvels, American Eats and Dogfight on the History Channel and The Simpsons. When I was in middle school, I always watched Mannix, Ironside, Dragnet, Get Smart and I Dream of Jeannie (I was a gear head of sorts back then, and Major Nelson always drove a classic Pontiac GTO).
  6. I like the family Saturday Night dinner music which includes Big Band (FM 90.1), Oldies (102.9), and Disco (107.9). really, if I could walk, I would love to dance to any of these!
  7. I like being in the air on a plane, a big jet or small. Many years ago, I flew with a pilot of a Cessna 172 up the CT. River valley in foliage season. It was very windy and very bouncy up there but the foliage view and deep blue sky were wonderful as we flew near Mt. Monadnock in NH at only 3,000 ft. This flight was worth the turbulence.
  8. I enjoy reading books, newspapers, magazines. As for papers, my dad, and old newspaper guy, always said that The Wall Street Journal was the best written and edited paper there is, and I agree...my favorite newspaper
  9. I enjoy as much time as allowed with our Kid1 and Kid2. As much as we ate together just about always when they were little, we try to do so as often as possible now. All four of us ate last together on Easter, and it was as nice as ever being together
  10. Of course, I'm so happy being with my F.O., the main love of my life!
I don't know 10 to tag, but am happy to have been 'it' now!

11 comments:

Joan said...

Thanks for participating! So...are you as frightened by the following headline as I was when I read it this morning:
"Murdoch offers $5 billion for Wall St. Journal owner"

Lynn said...

What is it with men and cars ( your #1 and #5)? DH and I have some friends and we were talking about the old T.V. show 'Get Smart' and the guys were talking about the different cars Maxwell Smart drove in different seasons. I however was humming the music.

Patti said...

Lynn: Yep, gearheads all.
And don't forget airplanes. Ralph knows so much about them that one guy he was talking to once asked him if he were a pilot.
I know that made him feel good. ;~)

Ralph said...

Lynn, Maxwell Smart (aka: 86)drove:

1) Sunbeam Tiger
2) VW Karmann Ghia
3) Opel GT

(you were wondering?...Mel Brooks is briliant...more than the cars, I really liked the 'Cone of Silence'

Lynn said...

I also loved the 'Cone of Silence'...sometimes I wish I had one that I could use. btw... The men that were having the discussion about 'Get Smart'also went into detail about Barbara Feldman.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

good answers. i want a muscle car!!! since we retired i don't even have a car, just sarge has one and he always picks those lincoln town cars, feels like driving a boat. they scare me!

smiles, bee

Patti said...

Those Lincoln Town Cars are floaty.
This reminds me of when Ralph rented one of those babies for his friend's wedding in rural upstate New York.
I was in a Vega with our friend, another one of the groomsmen, and we were following them. The Vega couldn't top 50 mph, no matter how hard our friend tried.
Meanwhile Ralphie took off like a son of a gun. And he is usually a slow and cautious driver.
We could not keep up with him.
He said he didn't realize how fast the car was going..
It was a bit different that the VW he drove at the time.

Ralph said...

Bea, you wouldn't want a muscle car to leave looong strips of rubber on A1A?

Patti said...

there he goes again with his highway geekiness

Michael C said...

I watch everyone of those shows you listed religiously. For some reason, I'm a documentary-aholic. I especially love shows about the history of food and how things are made.

Michael C said...

I should also admit that if they ever did a documentary on septic tanks, I would watch it...