Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all! I am a happy dad today. there are plenty of challenges in my life but with the support of my lovely wife and children, the tougher things in my life are made easier. As a parent, I know that we have two great kids. But there are times that we have to drive them harder to meet our expectations that they always do their best. And those efforts will always pay off if we are consistent. Kids1 & 2 are great, and this is a happy Fathers Day for me!

Kid1 and myself went to the Shelton Historical Society old car show at the homestead earlier today. She likes old cars, and the admittance for me was a mere dollar. I was taken to my childhood by the 1962 split-windshield VW microbus (loaded with surfboards...there aren't any waves in CT), we had one when I was a kid. Kid1's favorite car was a 1969 Chevy Malibu SS396 in orange, mine a yellow 1969 Dodge Charger R/T 440 parked next to it. I like old cars, and enjoyed having our daughter with me.

I was treated to dinner at the gorgeous art-deco Milford Athenian Diner by the F.O. and crew. It's wonderful to be together, especially dining on such diner fare as club sandwiches smothered in fries! Today, as well as every day, I enjoy fatherhood!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a great Father's Day...I'm glad to hear it, cause you deserve it!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

wow, a wonderful day for you my friend! that is great, you deserve it. sarge had a pretty good day too except we had to drive home from w va. but we still had fun...

smiles, bee