Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer's here, and the time is right...

I am happy that the season is officially changing to Summer. I am happy that the challenges that I faced when it was cold, such as Snow/Cold, Social Security problems, and Ulcerative Colitis)have gone away (except for the SSA - Federal Govt., you know, not gone but the nice weather negates their stupidity). In fact, here it is going to be 75° F today, tomorrow and 80° F Saturday and Sunday. Excellent summer weather for outside cooking (Kabobs, Kielbasa, Steak, whatever grills up). And of course, we need to pick our week in August for Cape Cod...and make reservations ASAP! I think up north people who are tired of cold weather tend to play harder when it is warm out. Stop on by, the shade starts to cover the patio around 3:30 PM, and the hilltop breeze starts and pop open a cold one and have an hors d'ouvre of Bruschetta and watch the planes fly to Europe over our patio. I know that I have to work, but a simple relaxing day off in the Summer on the patio can't be beat

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

man that sure sounds good to me! i have been cold ever since i got to georgia! we are high in the mountains and our lot is all wooded so it is always shady and i just can't get warm! enjoy, my friend!

smiles, bee

Lynn said...

You're right, here where the weather is pretty much always nice...with a few exceptions...we have come to take for granted our ability to play outdoors. Summer does, however, bring with it longer daylight hours...which I really appreciate.

Patti said...

looking forward to the Bruschetta
;-)