Thursday, July 5, 2007

Christmas in July?????

We all complain about the weather. But when you hear about the excessive temperatures in Phoenix, the I.E., Vegas, etc. as being excessively hot, 115° F, it seems as if it would be impossible. I was speaking once with someone who lived in Tempe and his opinion was that hottest part of the summer was like the deep of winter up north, maybe that's true. I've gone on vacation to some hot places over the years: Phoenix, Virginia Beach, Omaha (102° and humid), New Orleans and Biloxi...every place was hot, and the humidity was oppressive everywhere but AZ. I was visiting people I liked, so who cared. But hot is hot. Check our unique holiday decoration from a few years ago. This cheap Chinese import was supposed to stand upright on the lawn, but the junk collapsed. We attached it to the ramp in the corner. It fit perfectly, the proverbial lemons to lemonade (preferably with plenty of ice!). And then it snowed a couple of inches, and the flash reflected off some flakes. Voila, a picture for the ages...we are not a pros, but I like this shot! I did notice in AZ that 102° seemed to be much cooler than 110°, the max I felt in my visit. If your imagination can make you cooler, check out the snowy orbs encircling our Chinese tree...

6 comments:

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

I feel cooler already, but I live up north anyway. Me, I'll take zero degrees at 8 a.m. over 85 anyday. I figure you can always put on more clothing, whereas takng off has its limits.

Joan said...

Thanks for the few moments of coolness...now it's back to reality and my poor overworked air conditioner. I know "they" say that dry heat never feels as hot as humid weather...hah! When it gets to be above 100 degrees, I agree...HOT is HOT!

Lynn said...

Thanks for sending some snow my way. Heaven knows we need the precipitation! They're saying that this is the driest summer herein a very long time here. Love those colored lights!

Rodrigo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the moose buyer said...

First my blog on the Hollywood Christmas parade and now your's on summer decorations Ralph.

I tell you, this Christmas in July thing must be contageous but I love it.

sari said...

Thanks! It helps a bit!!

I do have to say, at least in Arizona there is no humidity. That does make a difference. When you go outside you're hot, but you're not drenched in sweat like in the Midwest.

though, hot is hot.