Sunday, July 1, 2007

Independence on June 30?


Three cheers for the red, white and...kielbasa?

We made the annual trip to Michele's for the celebration of our Independence. And as always, the day was great. We see people that we don't see that often, and the food was wonderful. As for the food, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention some of the usual/unusual: Corn dip for scoop-able Fritos, Onion Soup dip (a staple for parties in my family since I was 6), potato-egg salad, a delicious rice salad, a great taco salad, grilled kielbasa, hot dogs and burgers. I should probably lose weight, but not today!

And it was cool that Patti's mom came with us. Baby Adam was there, and what doting parents Sue and Steve are, and Adam is so healthy and far away from his 2 lb 12 oz preemie days. And relatives, cousins, nieces and nephews.




And the fireworks. Michele lives close to the next town, and they held their yearly fireworks yesterday. The group hikes up to a church about 1/2 mile away and we watch the fireworks, themselves being launched about a mile away from that. The views are clear and you can get pictures. I like the picture above, because it is in motion and squiggly (no tripod). Thank you Kid1! And have you noticed the latest in fashion in glow-stick wear? Bracelets and necklaces and headbands...Oh My!!! The whole visit is just a nice time. Happy Birthday, America.

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

it's wonderful that you had such a nice day!

smiles, bee

Joan said...

Wow...it all sounds so wonderful...especially the hot dogs!

That is an amazing photograph of the fireworks...great job Kid1. And I love glow-stick jewelry. Someday I'll write about the time Rick played Night Golf using glow-in-the dark golfballs, glowsticks to find our way down the fairways to the Glowsticked hole. I was his caddy and we had a blast!.

Lynn said...

Wow. Reading your post, I felt that I was at that celebration too! Thanks for providing me with an early Fourth of July experience.

the moose buyer said...

Sorry I missed the party!!! Sounds like it was a great one.