Sunday, July 22, 2007

Not this summer

Since this blog began, I have been extolling the virtues of summer family forays to Hyannis on Cape Cod. Given my current job(less) status, we won't be going this year. Want to pay attention to where the lira/pfennings/centimes are going (like my job, the noted currencies have passed on). But I have the visual remembrances to keep the idea alive until next year:

There is a mini-golf place in the center of town. It is old, not like the ultra-modern golf palaces on Route 28. Because it is old and worn I can get my wheelchair on and off most of the 18 greens and actually play a round. In golf, the high score wins, right??



Beautiful weather while at Craigville Beach. Blue skies, sun, and the view of Nantucket Sound while seated in a beach wheelchair watching the sun worshipers and doing absolutely nothing. On vacations, the biggest decision of the day is where we are going to have dinner...


And of course, being with the family. This view is on Orleans in 2001. The kids are bigger and older now, but the feeling is the same...together. We will travel east again, but the great memories are quite a souvenir...

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds like you're approaching the lack of vacation, with the right attitude.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

sounds lovely, i hope you get to go soon ralph! wishing all the best for you and your wonderful family.

smiles, bee

Odat said...

Pictures can conjure up the same kinda feelings too....(well, almost)..lol....keep on looking!
Peace

Linda said...

Even though I live in Connecticut, I've only been to Cape Cod once and that was a good six or seven years ago! I've always wanted to go back, though, as the girls loved the National Seashore. Maybe someday.

I can fully commiserate on the lack of a vacation, too! It would be nice but they don't come free so it's home for me!

Joan said...

I can see why you would miss Cape Cod...it looks lovely. Hopefully your current situation will change soon and wonderful vacations will be in your future.

Linda said...

Hi Ralph, I'm back! Just thought I'd let you know I awarded you with a little something over on my blog. Hope you like it!