Thursday, July 12, 2007

Steubenville, redux

Okay, Steubenville, Jefferson County Ohio exists in metaphysical or metahphorical state of being, I guess, to some people. But I feel that this place is real, and I have some proof of such. I see the paraphrased lyrics of the following song to validate that Steubenville indeed spawned some talented people. I think of the following which was on Thursdays at 10:00 on NBC and included the lovely (I guess, to someone in fourth grade) Gold Diggers, and the local who made it really big:



"Everybody memes somebody sometime
Everybody falls in tag somehow
Something in your blog
Just told me
My sometime is now

Everybody blogs somebody someplace
There's no tellin' where your prose may appear
Something in your blog
Keeps saying
My someplace is here”

With apologies to Steubenville's favorite son,Dino Paul Crocetti, (okay, Dean Martin). I figure that Michael C , who's very blog being started with the Rat Pack, would get this. Although I've never considered him to be a skeptic about Steubenville, but for those who truly are skeptics, I offer the following visual stimuli to convince you that the 'Ville is worthy of some consideration:


Or maybe not. I happen to like what I would characterize as an old mill town. The primary manufactured item there is steel. I have an affinity for old mill towns, and where we live now is a town of that sort, the big metal here is copper...Still, Allegra will have her proof when we take our trip here someday...

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

i actually have some kin folk in steubenville ohio!

smiles, bee

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, have wanted to travel to Dinomecca for such a long time....to be able to walk where Dino walked would be like so great. Never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool. Oh, to return to the days when Dino walked the earth!

Joan said...

Ah...now I remember why Steubenville sounded so familiar. I'm sure I heard it was Dino's birthplace sometime in my life.

Michael C said...

It's real and it's fantastic!

Ain't that a kick in the comments section!!!! ;-)

Graceland, Steubenville and Hoboken, NJ are all on my list of future travel plans...someday.

Well done Pal-y, Well Done ;-)

Autrice DelDrago: said...

It's real. Downtown is no longer pretty, but we have pockets of charm scattered about.