Friday, July 20, 2007

Variety is the spice of life?

On the work front, I did have an interview on Thursday for a contract position. It will be a couple of weeks before I know if it is a real possibility. This where I need to think a bit. It is contract, which means temp, which is what I would prefer at this time. But as noted on the blog in the past, a real career change might be what I need. I have been in a manufacturing environment which has included purchasing, inventory, planning and sales administration. It may be time to chuck this, although I have no idea of what to replace it with. This is why a contract position might be ideal, maybe to allow me to transition me somewhere else...although this possible assignment could be interesting for 6-12 months. Stay tuned.


I didn't take this one, but Kid1 did in Paris in 2004. I really enjoy this one, even though she and Patti were actually there and Kid2 and myself were home in the Naugatuck Valley. As the story goes, they were on a tour bus, and the picture was taken through the window. Wow. I would love to go to Paris, but it will take much planning (and $) to make a trip like this work with the wheelchair, but I can still dream. I was told that the elevators on la Tour Eiffel should accommodate a wheelchair.

As promised earlier, I am showcasing the 67¢ basting brush the F.O gave me last week. Isn’t it a beauty? Agreed that there are many things to be concerned about in this world, so why not get excited about an item I can and will use? In this photo, Kid2 is basting chicken on the grill. I like it. The humid weather has passed and it was a delightful 77 deg. F with dry northwest winds at about 15MPH. A great family day.

To Lynn, I am honored for the award and will post about this real soon.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

It is a much better position, to have a job (even temp) and be looking to change careers, than to be looking to change careers when you don't have a job. Love the picture of the Eiffel tower and isn't it amazing what 67 cents can buy?

Linda said...

That is a fantastic picture of the Eiffel Tower. I've never had a great desire to see Paris but then as one who just loved "A Tale of Two Cities" I'm sure I would find it quite fascinating. Maybe someday ...

knicksgrl0917 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

nice basting brush! ha ha and the food looks pretty good too. ralph you know i have an idea for you to take a trip like that. do it as a flight over and then a cruise back. you'd have to do it in the fall cause that's when the ships return to the us, but they are equipped for the chair and very nice about it too! there are many on the ships. and the transatlantic cruise is really cheap because it is really a "repositioning" cruise cause they move the ships to the caribbean for the winter. something to think about anyway. we are going in october/november and will blog about it so you can see it all then.

smiles, bee

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Great Parisian image. Berlin Daughter was there a few weeks ago; was actually a bit underwhelmed. As for the job, I suspect your own analysis is right: it may all be a great transition. Best to you on all that. I was out of work 4 years ago (and in my fifties), but i was blessed to have it work out for the better.

Patti said...

P.K.: Your daughter prefers Berlin to Paree? Mon Dieu.
Thank you for the thoughts for Ralph's job transition.