Sunday, August 26, 2007

Here a book, there a book...

I saw this fabulous quiz, and borrowed it from Odat and the lovely Patti. I took the quiz myself, and his is the result:

I am Catch-22! (Joseph Heller)…Incredibly witty and funny, you have a taste for irony in all that you see. It seems that life has put you in perpetually untenable situations, and your sense of humor is all that gets you through them. These experiences have also made you an ardent pacifist, though you present your message with tongue sewn into cheek. You could coin a phrase that replaces the word "paradox" for millions of people.

I am a bit paradoxical (not to be confused with weird). Maybe I am a bit daft, offbeat, and different. Certainly not as serious as you might think. I am reserved by nature, but not shy (right Patti?). Perhaps my oddities might be explained as I am married to a writer, and my dad was also a writer - I think people who write (and there is a lot of terrific writers in the blogosphere) think a bit differently. And that is a great thing.

This is the all-time favorite book of our 18-year-old college daughter. Perpetually untenable situations? Ironic? Yup! Nice test, better answer.

Take the Book Quiz at the Blue Pyramid

1 comment:

Linda said...

After reading this post I decided to give this quiz a shot myself and lo and behold, I got the same results as yourself! No surprise there as one of the things I say a lot is, "well, this is definitely a Catch-22"!

Perpetually untenable situations indeed!