Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Just the facts, Ma'am

Just like Sgt. Joe Friday, I was 'printed' today. This, of course, is the prelude to world of substitute teaching I hope to be trying soon. The fun part of this was going to the Derby Police Facility, for whatever reason, they are no longer Police Stations - has the PD gone PC? A very nice young officer took me to the print area, and it is at the same place as the holding cells. I admired the engineering of these bars and doors. And have decided that these cells look better from the outside in, than from the other way. Nice metalworking at least.

At any rate, I have a suitable mug shot that fits well with my prints taken at the lockup, and it really looks like a mug shot of me as an angry 18-year old. Some have seen this, but it is still oh-so-appropriate. If I didn't have the sneer of a know-it-all perp, nobody did. I wonder what the background check will dig up on me? This is probably more of a need to know thing, that perhaps I'd rather not know :>)

As for just the facts, I still think that there is nobody better at that than Jack Webb, aka Sgt. Friday. Dan Ackroyd did a nice tribute in the 1980's Dragnet movie, but Badge 714 still delivered those lines best.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds like you are on your way! Can't hear what happen next.

Dan said...

Is that you? You look like a young Christopher Walken with a touch of Nicolas Cage!

And Patti's right ... that photo of you in the right border does look a bit like me as well! I have other photos from my childhood that show an even stronger resemblance, as in this post from last year.

AndreAnna said...

Love the mug shot!!

the moose buyer said...

If you are doing the fingerprint thing, it sounds like teaching is in your near future. I only know you from blogging but I sincerely believe you will have some very lucky students.

Let us know what you will be teaching and how it goes.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

ha ha ha, good one ralph! and i loved that show!

smiles, bee

The Curmudgeon said...

My Long Suffering Spouse (a teacher) assures me that I wouldn't last a day as a teacher -- I'd lose my temper and wind up in jail.

Good luck!

Linda said...

Dum-da-dum-dum! Can't think of Dragnet without hearing the theme song in my head!

You're right, that's an excellent mugshot! Good luck with the background check, I'm sure it will be fine!