Monday, August 6, 2007

Layered (like Shrek)

I was recently tagged by the Queen herself from Bloggingham. I call it the MiMiMeMe, which is also the Layered Meme. To Mimi, I am happy to be tagged for this one. The truth ought to set me free?

LAYER 1 – On the Outside
Name: Ralph Irwin V------ III
Birth Date: 26-Apr-1955, Atlantic City, NJ
Current Status: Married, Kid1, Kid2
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown

Layer 2 – On the Inside
My Heritage: A mutt: Irish, Scot, and French with a hint of Steubenville
My Fear: Running out of fuel in my thirsty Ford E150
My weaknesses: Intelligent potential conversation
My Perfect Pizza: Tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, basil

LAYER 3 – Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow
My thoughts first waking up: Depends on the headlines on News 88 on the clock radio alarm
My bedtime: 10:30 (P.M. - I'm not that old!)
My most missed memory: Much more good memories than bad…

LAYER 4 - My Pick
Pepsi or coke: Pepsi
Single or group dates: Group date? I'm 52!!!!!
Adidas or Nike: The Nike swoosh will never adorn anything I wear…
Tea or Nestea: Tea, brewed, black, sans sweetener
Chocolate or Vanilla: Fudge ripple
Cappuccino or Coffee: If I'm good, with a shot of Sambuca

LAYER 5 - Do You…
Smoke: Not Since 1984
Curse: Usually not
Take a shower: Only a roll-in wheelchair shower
Have a crush: Too old to remember…
Think you’ve been in love: Thought I was, am now and will always be
Go to school: Learn always; School? No mas...
Want to get married: Wanted to and have been happily for 21 years
Believe in yourself: Always
Think you’re a health freak: Maybe aiming for the freak, but not there

LAYER 6 In the Past
Drank alcohol : 18 was legal in CT when I turned 18
Gone to the mall: Went to Sears to buy a coffee maker in June
Been on stage: Nope
Eaten sushi: Fish was steamed first
Dyed your hair: And give up that dashing gray?

LAYER 7 - Have You Ever:
Played a stripping game: Jamais!
Changed who you were to fit in: I'm not a chameleon (usually)

LAYER 8 – Are You Hoping…
Get married: See Layer 5

LAYER 9 - In a Girl:
Best eye color: Green
Best hair color: Red highlights in natural lighting…
Short hair or long hair: Naturally full, looking like a perm but never permed…

LAYER 10 – What Were You Doing:
A minute ago: Signing in to Blogger
Hour ago: Finishing up my leftover enchilada from 'Baja's' restaurant
Month ago: Burning meat on the charcoal grill
Year ago: Planning our trip to Cape Cod

LAYER 11 – Finish The Sentences:
I love: Family
I feel: Calm, occasionally intense, generally focused
I hate: Inefficiency
I hide: My fears, on occasion
I miss: Walking (only sometimes)
I need: To do more what I like for a living

I Tag:
A Tired Mama
Erstwhile Librarian

8 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

GREAT meme, Ralph.
No dungeon for you!

AndreAnna said...

You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits. Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait"? Parfaits are delicious.

Great, now I need to watch Shrek.

Cool meme.

Linda said...

So you are like an onion then?

Great job on a tough meme! I knew the Queen would be pleased!

the moose buyer said...

Ralph, this would take me years to fill out and even then, I am not sure I would be able to answer everything.

Joan said...

Great meme! Thanks for sharing. I've just done a different meme today but I promise to tackle this one in the next few days. Gotta go work on my answers now. :~)

Ralph said...

Mimi - I welcome a challenge! Staying out of the basement at the castle is rewarding of itself.

Andreanna - Strawberries and no-fat yougurt parfait?

Linda - I try to be true to myself...I am reserved by nature, so it is refreshing for me to reveal a little more of myself...

Moosie - This meme offered slight difficulties, but not impossible. Mimi's layered questions were easy to answer...

Lynn said...

Loved reading about you. I was going to comment about this meme being like an onion, but Linda beat me to it. I will definitely sit down tonight and see if I can complete this meme. Thanks for tagging me...I think.

Odat said...

Very nice and interesting...thanks for sharing that...
You're from Joisey? I'm from Joisey! What exit? lol
Peace