Monday, September 10, 2007

Smile, and the whole world...

It has been a good weekend. The [Red] Sox are still 5 1/2 ahead of the Yankees (3 for 4 against the O's). The Patriots won big. On Friday, I arranged a job interview for Tues. Bought a nice Hawaiian shirt at Kohl's for a measly $9. Social Security has the right to remain silent. All good things. But the best part of the weekend is being together with family for a 50th birthday party for my sister Sharon. We picked up Kid1 at school, figuring the food at the banquet place might be an improvement over the University's cafeteria. And Patti's mom came with us (I treated her to a rum gimlet). There were as many of the family as there is in CT. And it was a very party arranged by brother-in-law Bob. Here birthday girl enjoys the wonderful printed prose on this card.

But as readers have probably have noted I don't seem to smile for pictures so well. I guess that I don't pose well with others...ah, but I am smiling in the picture to the right. Laughing, actually at the party. So miracles do happen.

And miracles of miracles, Kid2 does more than flash a smile, he too laughs well. His HS senior picture looks really good. He has his mom's good looks, he only looks more like me to the extent that we don't smile all that much for posed pictures. You will note that Patti and Kid1 do smile plenty and have lovely smiles. We all enjoyed ourselves at the party.

9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

sounds really really nice!!

smiles, bee

Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a really wonderful time as did the birthday girl. Hard to see your smile in the picture, but I will take your word for it. Kid 2 looks so handsome in his senior photo...do you think he realizes it?

AndreAnna said...

What a nice weekend!!!

And he has a very handsome smile!

sari said...

It's always nice to have a great family weekend, isn't it? Glad you all had a good time.

Odat said...

Hey..good luck on your interview..are you wearing the Hawaiian shirt??? :-)

Dont' get me started on the Red Sox and the Yankees!!!

Keep smiling!!!
Peace

Linda said...

I have a great deal of smiling for posed pictures because it just feels so darned fake most of the time. Even in my HS picture I look serious! I shall have to post it one of these days for all to see!

Sounds like you had a grand weekend and I hope your sister has a marvelous 50th year!!

the moose buyer said...

I have only one reply to the Red Soxs which is GO ANGELS!!!!

Dan said...

Ralph, we know that you're smiling inside -- and that's the important thing my friend.

Mimi Lenox said...

What a lovely crew. Happy happy day!