Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Eyes Have It

I have been sorting thru our digital images today, and ran across this....I believe it's me, taken in the early days of our foray into digital photography in 2002. This is all that appears. I don't know the circumstances, but this shot highlights my eyes. So what does my expression mean? Surprised (but not startled)? Smiling (but no visible laugh lines)? At least I'm not wearing sunglasses. The mystery deepens...

The thing about sorting through older photos is that you find some interesting shots. Since I don't seem to pose smiling that often, this one jumped out at me. Of course I'm smiling, I am with the lovely Patti at Christmas luncheon a few years ago. She has a nice smile, and as for me: when you're happy, why not let it show???

7 comments:

Odat said...

I believe the eyes are the doorway to the soul.....I like to look people in the eyes when I talk...the way they respond says an awful lot.
Great pics...made me smile!
Peace

AndreAnna said...

That is such a great picture of you two!!

Joan said...

Those are mighty big eyes you have Ralphie. Oh, and I love the photo of you and Patti. It makes me realize that Rick and I have almost no photos of us together. Hmmm...maybe this calls for another cruise so that we can have more updated photos of us...cruises are the only time we seem to be photographed together.

Linda said...

And a very nice smile you have indeed! Aren't old pictures just the best? They bring back such great memories!

Lynn said...

The nice thing about looking at old photos is that you can rewrite history and make up any story you want about the photo. I think the picture of your eyes is fabulous and the one of you and Patti made me smile too.

Roger said...

Nice photos Ralph! You could use that first one in a visine ad...Thanks for visiting Idaho Daily Photo!

Linda said...

Hi Ralph - hope you survived your first day of substitute teaching with 7th graders no less!

Left you an award over on my page - hope you like it!