Friday, October 5, 2007

Manbag redux

In a previous posting, I offered that I had a 'man-bag' of sorts. Of course, I offered a reason for the existence for said bag, and it did not include anything like a 'murse' or any other metrosexual items.

It is indeed what I explained it to be in that previous post. It was purchased and stuffed as a support for my right leg as I drive my trusty and hulking full-size Ford E-150 'Boris' Clubwagon. This graphic shows the support provided by this brocade beauty of a bag. My right leg would fall off the seat if not supported, and would be uncomfortable. Not that I would carry this bag in public, that would require incessant explaining, and who needs that?

However, now that I have let the blogging public into my Ford, y'ins (Pittsburgh for y'all) probably wonder about the stuffed Bruins you see there. The two here are Dickens and Birthday Bear. But there are more...and more! Not shown are Henri, Tops, Salty and Dickens. Yes, I have six bears to make my driving domain a bit more soft. I don't think that I have personified these guys that occupy my cup holders, but I may profile them at some point (no, I am not off my meds!). It's just that I don't know anyone else who carries plush bears in their vehicles. In the picture on the right, I evicted a bear from the cup holder and placed the bear on the dashboard on the left. I didn't move the bear so he could get a better view, but needed that cupholder space for a bottle of water. Really!!! That's all...

7 comments:

AndreAnna said...

If the flower print man bag doesn't do it, the teddy bear sure will! :)

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

i love the "y'ins"! good one!

smiles, bee

Patti said...

Ralphie, Ralphie, Ralphie. My how you have changed since '85.

Joan said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a few "mascots" to grace the cupholders and dashboard of your van. If I may be so personal...exactly how did you come to have these six little Bruins??? Oh...and "Let's Go Bruins!" Can you tell I'm a UCLA fan???

Lynn said...

Clearly you are a man who is comfortable with his masculinity...otherwise you would feel threatened by the plush bears and brocade bag. I still stand by my suggestion that you figure out a way to market this stuff...I'm thinking that you are not the only person who benefits from a 'leg rest'. Just sayin' :~)

Odat said...

How cute! I have some stuffed animals in my car too...A few pug dogs don my back window.....
Peace

The Curmudgeon said...

No stuffed animals in the car. But the kids did give me a little stuffed Oscar the Grouch once.

Of course, I still haven't figured out why....