Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks be given

To all, it is a great to give thanks for all the blessings we have received this year. I offer a past and beautiful turkey here. It happened to be on Kid2's birthday last year, so what is so odd about a Happy Birthday turkey?

As everyone knows, there is much to give thanks for this year. Patti's mom is being released from the New Haven hospital today (the catheterization showed no blockage) , and will be here later. So far so good. The stuffing and potatoes were made yesterday, the turkey is in the oven now, so we'll have our dinner about 3:00-3:30. And it will be time to raise our glasses and toast to all the good things we have.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

7 comments:

Joan said...

I am so happy to hear the Patti's mom will be home with you today. I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Lynn said...

Sometimes my birthday ends up on Thanksgiving...I never had a birthday turkey (not that I would appreciate one now since I'm a vegetarian) but evidently I lead a deprived childhood. I hope that Kid 2 appreciates how lucky he is:~)
Let me be among the first to wish Kid 2 a happy day before his birthday:~)

Lynn said...

...and I am so happy to hear that Patti's mother will be joining you:~)

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

happy t-day! have a wonderful day my friend!

smiles, bee

Odat said...

Happy Turkey Day to you and yours....Glad to hear that "mom" is going to with you today!
Peace

AndreAnna said...

I am relieved to hear that Patti's mom is coming home - and the picture of the turkey with the candles is priceless!!

Linda said...

My Dad's birthday would occasionally fall on Thanksgiving Day and even though we never put candles on the turkey (great idea!) we always did have a birthday cake in addition to the pies.

Glad to hear that Patti's mom was released and that the cath showed no blockage. That is most definitely something to be thankful for!