Tuesday, December 4, 2007

As time goes by...

In happy news, I sent the final forms (with beaucoup documentation) to Social Security (SSA) yesterday. Since I cannot stand to even step foot into the local office, I sent this data to SSA via Fedex. It wasn't a long trip, but I did print my proof-of-delivery that shows that SSA received my three pound paperwork extravaganza. I hope for the best...

Well, guess who acted as a substitute teacher today? That of course is a rhetorical question...you knew the answer just by the way the question was asked. Well, being unemployed I can use the money, and this was a different assignment in a HS in a neighboring upscale town today. And as such, the assignment went fine. So, I'll keep in touch with the agency, and will take sub assignments again. High School is far superior to middle School as far as overall behavior goes. I suppose that I have learned to never say never automatically...

Patti's mom finally was able to move into her temporary leased housing today, so that is a real step up for her. I expect Patti to blog about this later. But it is great news...

Finally, as I guy I should never fully understand this cartoon, but I like it anyway!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Three pounds of paperwork...that really a "load off of your mind". lol just couldn't resist. I will keep my fingers crossed that the SSA 'gods' will shine positively on your paperwork.

That really is great news about Patti's mom moving into her own place.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

it's almost time for me to go sign up for ss. i dread the whold ordeal. it's almost not worth the money to have to deal with them. when my mom died it was a big deal getting hers stopped!! idiots.

smiles, bee

Odat said...

Good luck with the SSA "stuff"....and hey I'm glad to hear the teaching went well..yay!
lol at the cartoon!
Peace