Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's a wrap

I don't know if it is a guy thing or not, but I cannot wrap a present. Well, not well at least.
I understand "it's the thought that counts", but merely wishing for a more artistic style in my gift wrapping finesse won't make the corners neat.

This is the first attempt at the wrap of the lovely Patti's Joyeux Noel. The corners, and general flatness, are lacking. It's probably too late to do so, but I should thank the person who invented the ever useful package mending item also known as 3M Scotch Tape®. I used to think that only duct tape was the most wonderful fix-it stuff, but that would be overkill for Christmas presents.

The second try was not stylish, either. I guess the second wasn't the charm. Or is that supposed to be the third time? I wouldn't want anyone else to do this for me. Substance over style I say...


I always enjoy this time of the year. Christmas and the entire holiday season is the best. I know that when you're a kid you like to receive, but I always enjoyed the giving part. I enjoyed it even more starting with Patti during our first together in 1985. And it got better with our kid's first Christmases in 1989 and 1990. The kids love to receive, and we have joy in our hearts in giving to them. In fact, both kids do not mind being in the Christmas card even at their ages. We all love the time. I submit to our readers our 2006 card, taken in Hyannis that summer. I so enjoy the blogosphere, and enjoy the friends and acquaintances I've made. The following wish I send is for all (no PC here, not everybody celebrates Christmas), is for you all to have a wonderful holiday. Of course, there is no correct season for blogging...all year will do!

6 comments:

AndreAnna said...

This is hysterical because my husband and I had this exact conversation the other day while wrapping. He sucks so much at it, and swears it's a guy thing!

Lynn said...

My DH either uses a gift bag, for my gift...or he asks Elle to wrap the gift for him. I give you lots of kudos for putting so much love into your wrapping job. I bet Patti will appreciate the effort.

Joan said...

My hubby swears that the inability to wrap gifts is definitely a gender thing. I think it's a gender thing only because his (and your) gender insists on using this excuse every year. :~)

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

merry christmas my friend, to you and your lovely family!

smiles, bee

Odat said...

Like you said, it's the thought that counts!
Hope your christmas was a merry one!
Peace

Rhea said...

I once had a job at a fancy candy store in Boston where part of the high cost was fancy wrapping. Well, I was terrified every time someone wanted a box gift wrapped. I was lousy at it! I'm female but I've never gotten the hang of wrapping nicely.