Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Math is not my strongest subject

I was tagged by Patti who was tagged by Linda with this modified meme, which originated with Debbie. As you may guess, I share many similarities with my mate (see an earlier post). Awaaaaaaaay we go:
8÷ 2 things I’m passionate about:
- Family & Friends
- Loyalty
- Blogging
- Loyalty (again)
8 ÷ 2 things I say often:
- Let’s get a cat or two.
- What do you want for dinner?
- Can I use the computer?
- Did I get any comments?
8 ÷ 2 books I’ve read recently:Not much of a book reader, but periodicals I do, so here is that 8 ÷ 2:
- Wall Street Journal
- Road & Track
- Business Week
- Hemmings Classic Car

8 ÷ 2 things I want to do before I die:
- Travel to Paris in my wheelchair
- Find a real career that I will enjoy
- Read more books
- Convince the naysayers that my mind isn’t affected by my physical disability

8 ÷ 2 songs I can listen to over and over again, and probably have:
This is a tough one as there are plenty, but as of now…
- Satin Doll by Duke Ellington
- New York State of Mind by Billy Joel
- I Second That Emotion by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
- The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra
8 ÷ 2 things that attract me to my friends:
- Accepting of me as I am
- A sense of humor
- Honesty
- Ability to respect my views as I do yours

8 ÷ 2 things I learned in the last year
(or a reaffirmation of what I have already learned):
- How to blog
- Letting your college age kids grow even though you miss them
- Jobs that you lose weren’t necessarily good anyhow
- I do like cats
I would like to tag anybody who will enjoy this meme...

10 comments:

Linda said...

Now aren't four things so much easier than eight?

Great job on the meme and I have really enjoyed reading what things people have learned this year.

By the by, I like the template change you have here!

Lynn said...

Great meme:~) I also like Billy Joels "New York State of Mind". I saw him once in concert. He was great!

Patti said...

Hi Lynn! We saw him too! in 1986!! pre-kids!!!

Dave said...

You sound like someone who really loves life and desires all of it. I enjoyed your post... Thank You! :-)

Mimi Lenox said...

Everytime I read your blog I get a boost of inspiration and enthusisasm. Thanks again!
Paris? Yes! My dream vacation is Italy.

Uh oh.....you modified this meme too?
Off to the dungeon with you.
Paris will have to wait until you've served your time.

Joan said...

I guess I'll jump on the Billy Joel bandwagon too! I saw him in concert with Elton John several years ago. What a great pairing of two "Piano Men."

Thanks for sharing...even if you were "forced" to modify it. :~)

Odat said...

I sure do hope you can get to Paris some day!!!
Great list. Thanks for sharing.
Peace

the moose buyer said...

I never saw Billy in concert but I do love the Piano Man.

Ralph, hope you and Patti have a great Christmas and a very happy and healthy New Year.

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

May you travel to Paris in your wheelchair to hear Billy Joel sing 'Satin Doll' and 'New York State of Mind.' For starters.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

"i do like cats" i love that you said this!!! merry christmas ralph!

smiles, bee