Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy tails to you, until we meet again

Well, I'm already a daddy (daddums?), but two furry fellows have invaded our domicile. We actually invaded their space, by adopting them. Happily, we provide a home for them. These fellows are pensive and nervous and haven't moved much since they arrived here at 7:00 last night. The white/black one, aka Rigby, is on the window sill while the white/orange is ensconced under the futon, wayyy under. I hope they warm up to us soon, although I expect they will to Patti first...Sir Humphrey liked her best, but we got along. I have to think that the thaw will place Patti in the role of the alpha cat of this pride. What about me? They have to figure out this 'wheel' thing:


Linus: "Is he going to run us over?"
Rigby: "I don't think so, but watch your tail!"


I do have to remind myself that they aren't deep thinkers...they aren't that deep. Still, I wonder what they discussed while we all slept: Red Sox vs. Yankees? The sub-prime mortgage mess? Whatever they did, we are encouraged by a few things, such as the water bowl was dry this morning, they ate something, the litter box was used. Just like a baby, the mundane is better than the surprises. I hope to skritch both under the chin as soon as I can...

9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

i hope they blog!

smiles, bee

AndreAnna said...

I love kitties!

the moose buyer said...

Like I wrote Patti, once they seriously figure out where the food comes from, they will be your best friends.

Red Sox, not Yankees!!! Angels first, Red sox next, but Never Never Yankees!!!

Joan said...

Just give them time and soon they'll be right there with you purring their little heads off.

Lynn said...

If you're not careful, before you know it...they will be hitching rides on your lap.

Mimi Lenox said...

Laughing at Bee....blogging cats.
Oh my. What am I saying? There are zillions of blogging cats. They have a whole blogosphere. Tell them about that, Ralph. That'll make 'em come out and play.

You've been tagged by the Queen of Memes.
Long live the dungeon.
No Autographs, Please - The Band Meme

Mimi Lenox said...

Ooops. Wrong link before. Here's the right one.

No Autographs, Please

Linda said...

My guess is that they were discussing the recent turn of events at the primaries in New Hampshire and wondering what went wrong. Or perhaps they were discussing yesterday's thunder and lightning in January. Or better yet, they were probably trying to figure out how to steal your chair for joy rides when you're sleeping!

Before you know it they'll be out and about and having their run of the house while you and Patti wait on them hand and foot!

sari said...

Red Sox, for sure.