Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm back in the (writing) saddle again

Well, I didn't really go anywhere since last week. However, I ought to blog more. It should be second nature, y'know, like breathing or eating. Well, not quite up there with breathing and eating, but more of a pursuit I enjoy doing.

I hope that I can be just a little more consistent about my posting - everyday wold be an ideal. NaBloPoMo? I couldn't say if I could, although many of those I read regularly such as Lynn, Joan, and Sari did. So that is an idea I ought to consider...

Yet, to blog should not feel like work. And it is not like there is a dearth of subjects to write about: That I need to find a more enticing source of income; That I miss our daughter Kid1 who went back to college yesterday; That our Kid2 will be in college as well later this year; And of course we have a new pair of felinus obnoxious named Linus and Rigby.

Okay, there is plenty to write about. And I can always find the time to write. I will not be flogging myself for a paucity of posts, but I expect to write more often...

6 comments:

sari said...

I haven't been able to devote myself to reading blogs as much as I'd like to lately. I still post every few days, but it's hard sometimes to do that. When you get out of the habit, it doesn't feel like second nature.

I think it's this time of year as well.

PS I love that Far Side!

Rhea said...

I think blogging should fun. For me, I always have a blast doing it. Now if I could just get paid to do it...

Linda said...

I think blogging is fun but I might not say that when I haven't had a chance to get to read blogs for awhile because of other obligations and then I open my Google Reader to find over 100 posts staring at me. At that point it's more of a chore than fun but blogging is a two-way street - writing and reading go hand in hand.

Like Rhea said, if I could just get paid to it then I'd be quite happy to quit my other job and just blog!

Joan said...

Don't beat yourself up about not posting regularly. Blogging is supposed to be fun...not work! Post when you want...we'll all be there to read...I promise!

Lynn said...

I always look forward to what you write...the more you blog, the more I will get to read it:~)

the moose buyer said...

Ralph, I absolutely love the bear cartoon. It's one of the best I have seen in a very long time and I really made me laugh out loud here in the office.