Monday, February 25, 2008

Climb every mountain

Climbing whatever, that is. I don't seem to be doing that as I'd like, but I do persevere. 'Climbing' is useful as a metaphor in terms of a means of achievement, like climbing a mountain, climbing a ladder, and so on. Not that I'm scaling Everest, nor want to (am very comfortable at my present scalable elevation of only 440 feet above sea level).

Not to say I feel like the always unfortunate Wile E Coyote in that his being successful will probably never occur, at least in capturing his speedy and elusive target. But he never stops trying, no matter how often he gets zinged. So it is that I must persevere.

And be honest, didn't you want Wile to finally catch and thrash that obnoxious roadrunner too?

Speaking of climbing and obnoxious, how about that felinus appropriately named Linus on top of the stack washer/dryer? They seem to have no issues in climbing to the top...

4 comments:

Odat said...

Keep on truckin, Wile!
Peace

Lynn said...

The ability to persevere is important...as long as one doesn't perseverate:~) I definitely wanted Wile to catch that obnoxious roadrunner and I wanted Charlie brown to kick that football...just once. The ability to keep on trying despite past failures is an admirable one.

Mimi Lenox said...

You've been royally tagged by the Queen of Memes. Message In a Bottle Meme
Have fun!

Linda said...

I wanted Wile to get that roadrunner just once that's all! It would have been so nice to see!