Saturday, February 16, 2008

The fix is in

I have wondered how animals communicate with each other. To go a step further, I wonder how our pets deal with, um, personal things?Much like the Far Side doggies here, I’m left to conclude that perhaps Biff will have the last laugh here. What would our erstwhile felines would think about such a procedure vis-à-vis themselves? Perhaps their conversation might go like this:

Rigby – Were we tutored?
Linus – Maybe, I don’t know.

R – Would that make us geldings?
L – I think those are horses.

R – What about bullocks?
L – Nah, those are cows.

R – Why would someone tutor us?
L – So we would be compliant and obedient animals for the humans and fully respond to their beck and call?
R – Remind me when to stop laughing...

I have to remind myself how they aren’t deep thinkers. Still, I wonder what they discuss while we are asleep. Of course, that is something that should be on a ‘need-to-know’ basis…perhaps I’d rather not know what they are talking about…

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

ha ha ha ha ha, great post ralph!!!

smiles, bee

Linda said...

Hmm, not so sure that the conversation might be quite as deep and philosophical as that but then again, who knows??

Somehow I think if animals could talk we'd all be in very big trouble, though!

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Cats are simply saying, "Leave me alone I rule I can scratch your balls, etc." Dogs are saying, "PLEASE love me care for me I'll do ANYTHING for ya." That's about it, in my view.

Odat said...

Maybe we are better off not knowing...and just think they love us just because.....
Peace

sari said...

I love those Far Side cartoons.