Thursday, February 7, 2008

Workin' for a living

As if I knew!

The job hunt continues, I will not know more about any employment possibilities probably until early next week, so I wait. I had a sub assignment yesterday nearby, but the assignments available today necessitated more driving miles, and I would prefer to not take my behemoth (15 MPG at $3.27 per gallon) for an extended drive.

Being a sub, well, it beats (not) working, but not by much...in horse racing, the term is 'by a nose'.


At least the cats are earning their keep by being watch-cats! L0ok at these brave felines as they investigate their far reaching territory, scanning the horizon for all enemies, real or imagined (more of the latter, I'd say).

Maybe they are courageous felines. Although brave as a descriptor here may be a tad overstated...That word is probably overused here: our furry friends, although gallant, indomitable and even fearless, derive their strength in this suburban jungle only because that pair is separated from said jungle by double-paned glass, sheetrock, concrete and vinyl siding. But they look so cute in their defense...

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I bet that you and your first officer sleep so much better at night knowing that these cats are 'watching your back'.

Odat said...

Good luck with the job search!

And Snotdog and I are also very brave behind our glass!!! hehe.
Peace

Rhea said...

Glad the watch-cats are on the job.

the moose buyer said...

Hope you find something you loke work wise very soon Ralph. Just when you least expect it I am guessing.

Joan said...

I'm thinking every home needs a pair of watch-cats to keep us all safe and secure.

And I'm still hoping you find that perfect job out there soon, soon, soon.

Mr. Wordsmith said...

Thank you for your contribution to the Witty Wordsmith Dictionary. Please feel free to visit and see your addition.