Thursday, March 6, 2008

The cat from Star Wars??

As I posted last week, I sometimes find myself inserting a cat reference into a song’s lyrics. But why shouldn’t that work for someone else’s cat as well? Odat once had a cat named Jabba, and that got me thinking…

Remembering my formative 1960's earlier years in Bayside, Queens, I remember watching that cartoon on our almost always broken down, honey blonde DuMont TV, black & white of course, on Channel 5 or 9 or 11. It is, of course, the theme song from

Felix the Cat:

Jabba the cat
The wonderful, wonderful cat
Whenever he gets in a fix
He reaches into his bag of tricks….”

If such a song is not music to your ears, how about poetry?

There once was a feline named Jabba the Cat
Who slept when he wanted, and that was that
Big with brawn, Orange and white
Skrtich him twice, he’d purr through the night


Nothing like kitty cats to get the creative juices flowing! Thanks for the inspiration Odat

2 comments:

Odat said...

Heyyyyyyyyy.....that was grrreeet! (as Tony the Tiger would say!)..lol...That just made my day! and Jabba is looking down on you with a Chesire grin!!!
Peace

Lynn said...

You are one creative man! I used to have a black cat named Yoda...would that, by chance, inspire you?