Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tidal thinking

For someone who wants to keep the faith and be positive, it isn’t easy. It’s is far easier to see all the possible downside, every inch of it…instead of being 100% positive. But that ebbs and flows like the tide on the Cape Cod shore.

The financials are tighter than before. The downside in your mind is how long will the savings last. Yet, if your mind doesn’t wander, you realize that the tax refunds will pay the mortgage for another month. I’m not a fan of the so-called stimulus package, yet that rebate (in May) covers another month of mortgage. So the point is, you have to stay positive….there is no downside without upside, something like that. How philosophical! (Although not as deep as your average philosopher like, say, Plato).

Like Lynn says, breathe in…breathe out.

I took Kid2 to visit the U-of-Hartford on Monday. I was speaking with him and Kid1, and mentioned to both that I would like to advertise myself as a contractor. Perhaps as an inventory expert or something. And my flyer/brochure/situation wanted sign would say among other things that you should ‘contract with the best’ and ‘don’t hire a mistake’. For the latter, Kid1 said ‘I love it’! I hadn’t thought about saying that before I said it…Well, there is still hope… I still have the capacity to think. I have more brain than brawn someone once told me.

Hope abounds!

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

"hope abounds!" that sounds purrfect to me!

smiles, bee

Linda said...

I like the idea of marketing yourself and being able to be the master of your own destiny rather than leaving it up to others who probably don't appreciate or see the attributes that you have to offer.

And I really like "hope abounds", too - it has such a nice ring to it!

Lynn said...

Looking at the bright side and staying positive really are essential to ones well being. Sometimes it's just really hard. I love how you ended this post...with those two simple, yet inspirational words..."Hope abounds". Amen to that.