Sunday, March 16, 2008

Wearin o' the grin


It's that time of year again, where green predominates. Although my last name is French, my heritage is a majority Irish, with plenty of Scot for good measure: one of my grandmothers was O'Hanlon and the other Robertson. What county? I don't know. And of course the lovely Patti has ample Irish (and Scot) in her bloodlines.

So everybody is Irish on the 17'th. Including our young'uns. To be sure, I don't have lots of green in my wardrobe these days. But it seems fitting to show our Kid1 and Kid2 in earlier days, fully decked out for St. Patrick's holiday. Nice that then they made these holiday hats out of green paper during school hours. Considering that this is a religious holiday in Ireland, I wouldn't be surprised if these days the PC police might have something to say about school crafts like this.

But cute they were. Corned beef tomorrow, potatoes, parsnips, carrots, cabbage. I can live with that! Happy St. Patrick's day, all!

PS: In the interest of full disclosure, the post title was lifted from the 1950 Bugs Bunny What's Up Doc. Really.

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

awww, how cute!

smiles, bee

Linda said...

A couple of cute little leprechauns they are, too!

Have a very Happy St. Patty's Day and enjoy your corned beef with the trimmings. It sounds absolutely scrumptious!

the moose buyer said...

cute kids Ralph. I also wish you a very happy St Paddy's day although I must admit corned beef and cabbage isn't one of the feasts I partake at our Moose lodge.

Odat said...

Playing catch up here...lol...Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!
Peace