Friday, April 25, 2008

B-day blogging


As we age, we could be fretful about things like, say birthdays. Not that I have angst about such things, since April 26th is my birthday. So it is I am the young age of 53.

You can look at the age thing in a variety of ways, such as: If it's your 53rd birthday, it is the end of your 53rd year...the beginning of your 54th (which makes me older, actually). And adding 1/2 year to my age was probably dispensed in my case after age ten. Why make yourself older than you are, right?

It is supposed to be so traumatic to age, especially every ten years starting with age 30, 40, 50, etc. But I have to be honest, the birthdays have been happier during and after the 'dreaded' 3-0. That day was the start of great birthdays as it was the first with the ever lovely Patti. Every birthday since then has been better than the one preceding…which was great.


The card here was received on my 30th from Patti (aka: Quacks). I’ve always liked this card, and it wears well with the cat motif. And it was a wonderful day.


I like to think that I wear my age well, looking younger than my years IMO. More importantly, I don’t feel old, indeed, I hope to continue to age gracefully.

8 comments:

Linda said...

A very happy birthday to you, Ralph, and I don't think of 53 as being old, especially considering I'm only a few years behind you!

May this year bring you all good things!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

happy birthday my friend!!!

smiles, bee



(drat! i was hoping for CAKE! nuts...)

Patti said...

Happy Birthday, Ralphie!
This comment is also your gift from your loving spouse.

* Note to Bee: I did just make a cake! Gold cake!!

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Happy Birthday Ralph!!
You know, I love how you put this post, if you don't worry about how old you are, and just go about to do what you want to do, you can act and feel young almost until the day that you die. A good, strong positive attitude will keep you young forever!
Have a great day!
~Michele~

Lynn said...

Happy belated birthday!...and many more:~) My soon to be 87 year old mother keeps saying "Age is only a number". In her case it a large number, in yours, not so large.

I am really impressed that not only do you still have a card that your lovely wife gave to you 23 years ago...but you knew where it was. You must share you organizational system with those of us who are organizationally challenged...pretty please:~)

Odat said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Many more...how sweet that you have that card from Patti...wow!
Peace

sari said...

Happy Birthday! I love the card.

I have a bookmark that was my grandmothers, it says "Age is a matter of mind. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

Works for me!

Mimi Lenox said...

Now that is one sweet card from your lovely Patti. Sooo sweet.
Happy birthday, Ralph!