Monday, April 7, 2008

Your taxes at work


When I was a kid (in the '60s), there always seemed to be signs along road construction sites touting something like "YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK". I suppose to those who work for government, they are happiest proclaiming that look at what we are giving back to you, leaving out the part that you might not be getting back 100% of your tax dollar.

Due to many things, I'm reapplying for Social Security disability benefits. I hadn't wanted to do that, but consideration must be paid to do whatever is necessary. It's not receiving the benefits
per se, but that you have to view your own life's challenges objectively. And I have.

As some readers do know, that I have had um...issues...with that agency. But all options have to be considered. Life is good, and another fight may ensue with the govt. But sparring and ending up the victor is almost...exhilarating. My tax dollars at work
.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

go get 'em ralph!

smiles, bee

Mimi Lenox said...

Go Ralph. Fight on. Let us know how the wheels of democracy are turning. It should be interesting.

Odat said...

Hope it turns out for the best...
good luck and
Peace

adam brown said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

sari said...

I have to laugh every year, our kids' school makes a big point of talking about all the things that "year end rush for your tax money" goes towards. Usually it's something like "Reading under the stars" which always makes me laugh.

I mean, we can all go outside and read in the dark for free, right? :-)