Monday, July 7, 2008

It's not the heat, it's the humidity

I seem to have heard that one before. How to beat the heat? Reminds of another olde-tyme insult: 'Go Jump in a Lake'. Like this golden retriever. This was taken many years ago at my Aunt Terry's northern Minnesota lake house, at Big Stony Lake near Park Rapids.

The dog's name was Brandy, and a nicer pooch than you could imagine. You could throw that branch into the water fifty times, and the dog would retrieve it and drop it at your feet, for the fifty-first toss. Into the clearest, cleanest water anywhere you will find, the Land O'Lakes. The land of sky blue water. I feel cooler already.

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

well that looks refreshing!


smiles, bee

the teach said...

Ralph, I'm in NYC so I know what sort of heat you're suffering in! I hate the heat! Your pic helped cool me off too. Thank you! :)

Linda said...

Having lived in Arizona, New Mexico, and California I can say from personal experience that high temperatures themselves are indeed horrible but worse than that is high temperatures along with high humidity.

I was just thinking this morning that I used to think that Biloxi, Mississippi was really bad when I was stationed down there but New England seems to be getting worse and worse every year when it comes to heat and humidity.