Friday, August 22, 2008

And the winner is...

It is always a pleasure to be recognized by one's peers, and why not blogging peers?? I have met a great bunch of bloggers since my auspicious tentative foray into this world on April 9, 2007.
And it has been a riot! I do enjoy following the exploits of other terrific blogging pros…as they get a glimpse into what makes me tick. I have been awarded a trio of awards I am quite proud to display.
I was given the Happy Feet award by Mary (aka The Teach). The inscription reads: "When I think of you my feet begin to tappin' and I pirouette across the floor in total delight that I will be talking/commenting to you in a little while. And of course my feet aren't the on only parts of my body that are happy because of you".This is great because as my legs don't work with anything near precision, my feet tap, move, and sway to any beat.
Teach hails from the borough of Queens as did I until second grade. She is an academic with an eye toward the artistic, seen in her phenomenal Ruby Tuesday series. I am thus honored. Thanks, Mary!

A treasure bestowed upon my lucky self from the one and only Queen Mimi. As stated by the Queen, I am one of the chosen for this, and could be blushing by what she said:
“Lucky husband to prolific perfect Princess Patti and quite a wordsmith himself. I don't know why his blog is called "airhead" because he is anything but. Ralph writes deep things, poetic things, silly things, sensible things.”
I am touched by the sentiments. Patti is the trained writer around here, but blogging has allowed me to come closer toward perfecting my prose. And I write what I feel, what I think. I enjoy that. Mimi offers a unique view from Bloggingham. Perhaps it is her natural style which emanates from her gracious and charming North Carolina ways. I am thus flattered, and beseech upon royalty my thanks. Roger had awarded Mimi this award, and deservedly so. This is good company to be in!
Finally, I received the Kick Ass Blogger award also from the Teach. This award, originated by MammaDawg notes what constitutes the Kick Arse (using the more polite English term): "Maybe they've got incredible, original content. Or they're overflowing with creativity. Is it someone that helps you become a better blogger…someone who simply inspires you to be a better person... or someone else who sends you to the floor, laughing your ass off.
What can I say? I think if my blogging style has improved over the preceding sixteen months, it is actually due to the quality of the larger blog world that I occasionally inhabit. Thanks Mary, again, for the recognition".
Thanks to all!

5 comments:

Bond said...

You do Rock and KICK ASS and make my feet HAPPY

Congrats on the awards...and keep blogging

Linda said...

Congratulations on your trio of awards - they are more than deserved!

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Ralphie,
Congrats to the third power, blogoristically speaking.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Your just cashing in on those awards aren't you? congrats

RennyBA said...

What a great collection of Awards and you know what: You deserved every one of them - congrats!