Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Creative Photo no. 8

This is another cute bruin found at the Henry Doorly zoo in Omaha many years ago, in a 100°F humid Nebraska day.

I posted another
bear beating the heat for my first Creative Photo . I can't speak for the first furry, fluffy omnivore, but this one seems to know where to stay in this Midwest oven.

In the pool. He/she looks perfectly content right here, the only thing missing in this shot is the fancy drink with the sprouting paper umbrella.

You almost feel like asking him. "How's the water?". However, as hot as I was on that day, that pool, with a silly 400 lb. loafer inside, was not big enough for the two of us...

Thanks again to Roger, Chica and Dale for hosting this fun contest. For me it is lots of memories, and isn't he the cutest most cuddly bear - not!

19 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

Cute photo..it kind of looks like a photo from our zoo...

the teach said...

I posted a cute cuddly brown bear from the Bronx Zoo a while back! Good luck in the Creative Photo contest!

The Jamaica Wildlife preserve is an oasis in a city where JFK airport is right across the way... :)

Michelle said...

I could use a cool pool on a hot Summer day! I'm looking forward to Fall

Gattina said...

He/she looks as if heshe would invite me to join herhim !

me ann my camera said...

This is a great Bear photo! How hot it must be there!

pkay said...

This is a cute pic. He does look like he needs some company. That is OK, I think I will just lounge at home where it is cool.

good Luck in the photo contest.

thanks for stopping by.

Pkayfit

http://physiquealicious.com
www.myphysiqueinc.com

napaboaniya said...

Definitely a look that screams...it's HOT HOT HOT!!! :P

Dianne said...

I remember your first bear, he was a beauty and so is this guy.

I love your line about the fancy drink :)

I had nothing this week Ralph, just nothing! lol

Lori Stilger said...

CUTE bear!!!!! I love bears. :D Thanks so much for sharing him with us!

Patti said...

ROAR !!!

Bond said...

Great shot Ralph...love the expression on his face...

Chica said...

They look so cute, but I sure wouldn't want to be near one without a fence! Thanks for your Creative Photography submission! :)

Daryl said...

Wonderful!

Good luck

:-Daryl

Raven said...

Bears and kittie's always get my vote. He does look relaxed.

Anndi said...

I wonder what's on his mind?

"I hope no one noticed the bubbles".

Great candid shot!

Linda said...

Okay so he couldn't bear the heat, could he? Someone had to say it!

Great picture, he really does look relaxed and laid back though had anyone ventured near I'm sure he would have moved with lightning speed!

Good luck this week!

onangelwings said...

Why is he so damn cute to us when we know he can tear our throat out with one swipe?

He looks adorable and like he is posing while on vacation in a pool somewhere remote and hot.

The Urban Buddha said...

Wow.. amazing capture! Cute bear but also a bit scary sticking up his head like that! ;) Have a great day!

sari said...

he looks like he's saying "...what???"

On a hot day, we do the same thing, hide in the pool!

:-)