Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Creative Photo no. 9

The place is Big Stony Lake near Park Rapids in Northwest Minnesota. The subject is Brandy, the Golden Retriever who appears to be of many moods here:

Perhaps sad, as a member of her family is rowing away from the dock and leaving her behind.

Maybe relaxed, after lots of swimming and tennis ball chasin' in the water.

Could be tired, precisely due to the tennis ball chasin'.

Possibly content but not preaching contentment with the Golden's usually affable smiling pose.

Likely proud of herself for choosing well her family.

Maybe
all or none of the above. Who can say for sure but the Dog Whisperer. But a friendly and really nice dog she was, and with looks like this, you really wanted her to fetch the ball you would throw into the lake. Even at the cost of a wet dog shaking off the excess in your vicinity.

Thanks are in order to Dale, Chica, and Roger for the invite and judging of this great contest.

17 comments:

Roger said...

Brandy could not have chosen a better family!

Thanks for sharing your memories and awesome photos with us!

Linda said...

That is one pensive looking pooch you got there, Ralph! Very nice shot and you're right, so many things could be read into Brandy's face.

Good luck this week!

Patti said...

I wish I knew you when you knew good old Brandy. What a nice doggie.

Raven said...

She looks like a sweet puppy.... a little worried maybe that she's not with you in the boat.

leslie said...

She's thinking Where the h*ll are you goin'? I thought we was chasin' balls here!" LOL

WillThink4Wine said...

I think all of the above. She sure was a beauty!

napaboaniya said...

She's most likely anxious for the family to row back shore to her :)

Lori Stilger said...

She's BEAUTIFUL!!! Great shot, Ralph! Thanks for coming and commenting on my shot; I had to laugh at the quote I used. I'm not SMALL, either - and I LOVE to read. So, why not enjoy a good book while munching some of my homemade candy? :D
Have a WONDERFUL day!!

Dianne said...

What a majestic profile! And the fuzzy background is a great touch.

She looks like she was a loving, sweet member of the family.

Bond said...

Cool shot Ralph...she does have a curious look on her face...I am thinking she is wondering why she ate that mouse she chased down...cause her tummy is rumblin'

Kimmie said...

She looks sad to me. She doesn't want you to leave her. I think she needs a hug. :-)

Good Luck Ralph, this is a very heartwarming photo!

Blessings,
Kimmie

Gattina said...

I wonder what he is thinking maybe about a nice hamburger, lol ? I am not very romantic !

Sanni said...

Awwww...such a beauty. I want to hug her - and Jersey (our Labrador) sents nose-licks over!

Good luck!

pkay said...

I love her. She is beautiful. I think you hit it on the nose, she could have all those thoughts running through her head. She is probably wondering, hey why can't I go rowing too. I like the water.

Good Luck and thanks for stopping by.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

she needs a towel to dry off and then sit patiently for family to come back.

the teach said...

Ralph love this wonderful photo of a sweet doggie! :) Good luck in Roger's contest!

Sweeta said...

What a nice doggie and great shot.
Thanks for the comment on my CP!