Friday, August 1, 2008

Four Things Meme

I have been tagged by Linda, Duchess of Norwich-upon-the-Thames (her given royal title from the Queen of Bloggingham). This is the Four Things Meme, and I like to be compelled (in a good way!) to offer a bit more of myself to the blogging universe. I can be a bit reserved at first meeting, not shy but perhaps not so revealing right away. At first, that is. Away we go:

Four jobs I've had:
1. Dishwasher
2. Substitute teacher
3. Buyer
4. Cataloguer
Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Casablanca (Favorite line, Renault to Rick: "Not only are you a sentimentalist, you have also become a patriot!")
2. Diner
3. Chicken Run
4. Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas)

Four places I've lived:
1. Steubenville, Ohio (Allegra doesn’t believe such a place exists. Patti knows otherwise!)
2. St. Paul, Minnesota
3 Brigantine, NJ
4. Bayside, Queens, NY (a former home also to a couple of blog friends, Lynn and Joan. A small world, indeed…)

Four TV shows I love:
1. Modern Marvels on the History Channel (any marvel will do)
2. The Simpsons
3. Mthbusters
4. Monty Python’s Flying Circus

Four places I've vacationed:
1. Zweibruken, Germany
2. Biloxi, Mississippi (Fine fresh Gulf seafood)
3. Park Rapids, Minnesota at Big Stony Lake (MN lakes are gorgeous)
4. L.A. (1984 Olympics)
Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Our Peter Rabbit Bunnykins baby dishes (now used as cat food bowls)
2. My Far Side coffee mug: How nervous little dogs start their day
3. My Tony the Tiger cereal bowl, spoon and juice glass set (Christmas gift from Patti; too much time to explain right now!)
4. My Oktoberfest M√ľnchen liter stein on the shelf
Four sites I visit daily
1 patti-latebloomerboomer.blogspot.com/
2. www.nhregister.com/
3. www.powerlineblog.com/
4. www.americanthinker.com/

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. At the British Beer Company in Hyannis with a British (20 oz) pint of a Black and Tan
2. At Advanced Wheels in East Granby (my van dealer) taking delivery of my new IMS Toyota Sienna wheelchair van with leather
3. Paris, because it is Patti’s favorite city!
4. At Brigantine in a beach wheelchair in the water just far enough to feel the briny surf on my feet.

I apply this tag to four (or any number) of bloggers who may, just may, choose to reveal a bit more of themselves.

21 comments:

Linda said...

Great job, Ralph! "Monty Python's Flying Circus" is one of my very favorites, too - I just love their sense of humor in Britain; it's so much more cerebral than ours here in America.

I visited Brigantine when I was stationed at McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey; was stationed at Biloxi, Mississippi while I was attending tech school at Keesler Air Force Base, and saw the site of the 1984 Olympics though I was living in Central California at the time of the Olympics.

Being at the beach sounds wonderful and someday maybe I'll be lucky enough to see Paris myself but for now I enjoy seeing it through the pictures that you and Patti post!

RennyBA said...

What a great way to get to know a new blog friend even better - great meme!

Btw: Thanks for your visit and nice comment on my Rainbow Trout post :-)

Leora said...

I just had to compliment you on Powerline and American Thinker... Monty Python's good stuff, too.

Glad to know there's intelligent life on this planet.

Ralph said...

Linda - The Atlantic beaches are the best from Long Island south with finer sand and waves than the Sound. But I'll take a breezy beach anywhere!

rennyba - It can be good sometimes to open up a bit. Makes one think that as interesting as it has been, there are more to find out about.

leora - Thanks. In order to have a point of view, one needs to read as much about all viewpoints as you can to challenge your own thinking.

Odat said...

Yes!! Casa Blanca!!
Go NJ & NJ!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Peace

the teach said...

I love find out more about my blogger friends through meme's like this! Ralph, I live in Whitestone, Queens, right next to Bayside. :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Great job, Ralph! I think I need to check out the seafood in Mississippi. That sounds good about now. And yes, take Princess Patti to Paris one of these days.
Ohh....and salt water on the feet.
Yes! Absolutely!

Bond said...

Excellent Job Ralph. I prefer the LI beaches, as they are east-west beaches and I think the wave action and sand is much nicer than north-south beaches...Also love your photo submission last week. I also like the Sound even with the lapping of the water instead of the pounding of the surf.

Dianne said...

Love the movie 'Diner'

Love a Jersey Boy :)

I stopped in Biloxi once, just once, with my ex. We were visiting his family all over the south - all I remember is being very very hot and wishing people would talk faster ;)

sari said...

the simpsons are one of my favorite shows as well! you can't get through the day without hearing one of ralph's "ha-ha!"'s in our house.

sari said...

oops I meant Nelson - it's early!!!

Anonymous said...

Sketches are truly nice source of education instead of wording,
its my knowledge, what would you say?

Also visit my web page; http://elgg.luxstage.r2integrated.com/

Anonymous said...

People talk themselves out of exercising so easily, and the opposite can be so easy.

You have to find a way to take the tips you learn and
make maximum use of them. These tips are followed by every pregnant woman all
around the world but remember whatever you do,
you should first check with your gynecologist so that there
is no complication in your pregnancy.

Here is my web page fitness tips at home

Anonymous said...

Sometimes funny pictures are created automatically, and now need a little time
to our own. Regardless, to locate quality photos like this try the following.
Many of the paintings have a tendency to use a signature in
order to improve a funny message that's shown in the photo.

Review my website ... lol pictures

Anonymous said...

One can find plenty of funny pictures and videos by a single click on any search engine like Yahoo or Google.

Well-mannered, handsome men, looking forward to earn some
money, can apply online to Men2hire for. However, for the next
several miles until we got to our hotel, he smelled pretty dog-gone good,
not.

Here is my page extremely funny pictures and videos

Anonymous said...

So, while I am no roving reporter I am endeavoring with my menial reporting skills,
to bring you. A person needs to have an active internet connection
to be able to access all the headlines and information on internet.
Committee on Gulf War and Health: Health
Effects of Serving in the Gulf War, Update 2009.


My blog post ... Latest Daily News

Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon every day.
It's always useful to read through articles from other writers and use something from other web sites.

My page: please click the following page
Also see my page :: food biotechnology

Anonymous said...

It improves blood and oxygen flow to the muscles that are recovering from
the prior hard workout. You have to find a way to take the tips you learn and
make maximum use of them. Stretching will help you prevent injuries and it will help you loosen up your muscles.


Also visit my web site: just click the next document

Anonymous said...

You've made some really good points there. I checked on the internet to find out more about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this web site.

Also visit my page; mouse click the following article

Anonymous said...

The new tablet would be a further extension of these
concepts and yet another step into the future of computing for Apple.

I have more stuffings in me from yesterday than I care to think about.
Committee on Gulf War and Health: Health Effects of Serving in the Gulf War, Update 2009.


Also visit my blog - Latest Daily News

Anonymous said...

The Butler Report ( is a world news summary website site which,
in addition to headline news, publishes US and worldwide events not
covered by mainstream media. Indeed, internet is the best source of because it is easily
accessible and fast. They can also update news on their site as and when the
event occurs while the newspapers have to wait until the next morning.


My weblog: latestdailynews.com