Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Creative Photo No. 12

I am happy to be back again to Roger's Creative photo contest. I am always happy to try to find a memory to share. This week, I offer a sunset view of Hyannis Harbor on Cape Cod. The sky is beautiful, the slight moisture rolling in from Nantucket Sound offers pastel ribbons unfurling against the azure early evening sky.

In itself, it is a nice shot. The 25 degree slope is often a function of my taking a photo in a wheelchair sans tripod or monopod. I have to balance the camera in that position where I am safely positioned in the wheelchair yet trying to steady the device and using the viewfinder and pushing the shutter. It isn't always easy to use the LCD display, but I always used the viewfinder in my K1000 and walking days.

Often this is what I end up with. But if anything, the odd shot can be intriguing, perhaps offer a more unusual perspective. At the moment, I see the view of a really hot takeoff from the port side of a Boeing 757. Or whatever. I'll keep taking images without thought beforehand and figure it all out later. Just don't let the shot get away...

Thanks Roger and judges!

15 comments:

Linda said...

I really love the angle of this shot, it makes it take on a completely different look and you're right, it can really change the whole story.

Sunsets are always one of my very favorites, too, and this one is gorgeous!

onangelwings said...

This is awesome. Love the shot. It totally looks like it was taken from inside a plane.

Rambling Woods said...

Love this shot and I never would have thought of changing the angle. I have to think of different things to try.

You asked about the group Blue Cheer on my RT post. Is this them? I found this, but I don't recall the band...But I think we are about the same age...

Blue Cheer is a San Francisco-based rock group that initially performed and recorded in the late 1960s and early 1970s, and again from the mid-1980s to the present. They are credited as being pioneers of heavy metal music.

napaboaniya said...

I'm tilting my head for this shot and enjoying the views of it.

Roger said...

Aw what a great view makes me fell like I was on take off two, the boats just sliding down. Awesome shot Ralph!

Chica said...

With the design of the clouds, the angling just really adds to it. Great thinking. :)

Gattina said...

Beautiful shot ! I have been there but during the day and I remember that we had a "lazy Lobster" ! I very much liked Cape Cod !

GMAC said...

love the skyline!! nice photo!

Leora said...

If you hadn't explained it, I would never have known! Looks just like another "different" photo to me. I have a "tilt" photo I'm planning to use for SWF this week.

Cape Cod sure is pretty at sunset. I haven't been there since I was a kid.

Patti said...

You always offer an interesting perspective, Ralph.

;-)

Dianne said...

One of the best Thanksgiving weekends I ever had was spent at Cape Cod!

I love it there in the winter.

I think the angle of this shot enhances the beauty and interest and I think the color of the sky was captured perfectly.

I remember that sunset! :)

Bond said...

Super photo Roger and for this one the angle gives it a new perspective ...

And Blue Cheer ROCKS!

Kimmie said...

I love the angle of this shot. I was thinking it looked like the photo was sliding. I have always wanted to go to Nantucket. Haven't made it there yet but hope to someday. :-)

I am not entered this week but will be back next week.

Good Luck!

Blessings,
Kimmie

Mimi Lenox said...

I felt like I was flying through the air at first glance. Your perspective, indeed, is unique and wonderful. The sunset is amazing.

Gretchen said...

Very pretty shot!