Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's too darn hot


Hot peppers, that is, from our garden pots. Colorful they may appear, the fire resides inside. I tried a tiny piece of pretty orange pepper. Water, of course, is not the antidote for the heat, starchy things like bread are better at quenching the heat.

That said, I need a use for these. I could seed them and let them dry in the sun and grind them up for use in pasta.

Or cook them all down an add tomatoes and honey to make a fiery pepper relish to add sparingly to hot dogs or a pot of chili.

Maybe a salsa with cider vinegar, tomatoes, lime juice.

I can't say that I am for fiery heat, but just want a kick with great taste. There are many more on the vine, and I want to make the best concoction I can. But they are great looking, ripe and ready for some culinary magic...

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

they sure are pretty!

smiles, bee

Patti said...

I don't want any relish.

Leora said...

Pretty photo. My husband likes those. I've never grown peppers, because I'm not really crazy about them. They are supposed to be good for a cold, so if you feel one coming on...

Yrsa said...

Wow, that´s some lovely peppers you have growing!

Thankyou for commenting my blog.

Bond said...

What a great selection of peppers...

Dianne said...

they make a great photo even if they're never cooked lol

mixed in pasta sounds good.

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

They look nice and vibrant in a photo but yeh... that's as far as I'd go... I'm not a fan of spicy foods... nice and mild for me, thanks very much! =)