Thursday, October 9, 2008

Creative Photo Contest, Vol. 14, Issue 1

Kudos to Idaho's favorite photographer, the artistic Roger. I am pleased to be an entrant in his ongoing contest Creative Photo, for Contest 14 (Week 1). It gives me a chance to capture that perfect moment, subject and/or memory.

Last week we attended
Ansonia's Harvest Festival, a street fair with Main Street closed off and vendors galore. And there were old cars, being proudly shown by their fanatical loving owners. My fave was a stunning maroon 1955 Ford Fairlane Victoria. This was a great restoration with a 351W engine, polished S/S wheels, and the shiniest chrome I have ever seen. Yes, the bumpers were reflective like a mirror (no shine like this when the factory built these tanks, for sure).

Although I can be a bit reserved at times, I had to take the shot of me shooting the finest looking bumpers made in
Detroit. Front or rear, on the nicest blue sky you'll see in Connecticut in October. Once I saw the bumpers on the Ford I knew I would be participating. Thanks Roger and judges!

10 comments:

BABYLONEZOO said...

tres belle serie de photo

Roger said...

Holy cow! Those are so shiny I can see my reflection! Awesome shot Ralph and cool car, I gotta tell ya chrome is my favorite color too!

Gattina said...

Very very creative ! really nice and special !

Enigma said...

Beautiful images! And you were right the first time -- gear heads ARE fanatical about their cars....LOL.

Joan said...

I sure do miss those chrome bumpers of the past. Thanks for the trip down memory lane with your fun photos.

Bond said...

Cool shots....is that the family waiting for you in the right hand corner reflection?

Dianne said...

I'm with Joan, I miss the chrome bumpers

the sky is sooooo blue and your reflections are perfect!!

Patti said...

Hi Vin,
No, my mother and I headed to the bakery while Ralph did his photo shoot!

tr3nta said...

very original point of view...

Sanni @ Life... said...

Great job, Ralph! I'm glad your participate - so I didn't miss your entries. I'm a huge fan of "reflections" :-)

Good luck (and sorry for catching up so late. I'm buried under work.)