Thursday, October 30, 2008

Creative Photography #14 Week 4


For this installment of Roger's wonderful Creative Photo, I looked around for a shot that captures something unique, an odd perspective on something prosaic. I like this one as it offers a different in a few areas. It is, of course, an icicle that has formed in a drain bereft of the downspout as the temperature fell quickly. Expand, and I see a hand with a thumb and an index finger. As if the water is commanding the flow to follow the law of gravity. That's my perspective, anyway. But the very blue winter sky and southern winter exposure tells us that this is a cold, but beautiful day.

When the colors are inverted, I don't know what to say. It's as if there was an oil spill on the roof. And the inverted sky looks like a Halloween harvest orange, sort of. An oddly eerie view...and still pointing! Check out all the photo art at this great site!

8 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I see it I see it. creepy.

napaboaniya said...

I actually see a mouth of a crocodile pointing downwards..vivid imagination I guess. Creative!

Linda said...

Definitely creative, Ralph! And that second one definitely has a bit of a Halloween cast to it!

Gattina said...

Very nice and you have a lot of phantasy !!

Dianne said...

that 2nd shot is perfect for Halloween!

Don't tell Patti but something is on the roof!! ;)

Bond said...

A perfect Halloween shot...I brain cramped on this week and did not submit...

mark's tails said...

Very cool shot Ralph. I like it!

Roger said...

Awesome photo Ralph! The inverted one gives a real Beetlejuice kinda feel to it! Your a contest #14 winner! Come on over and pick up your award and Happy Halloween!