Sunday, October 19, 2008

Parent's Day


Patti and I had the opportunity to visit our kids, Allegra and Cameron, at parents weekend at the U of Hartford on Saturday. it has been seven weeks since they've last been home. Of course, we miss them but they are looking great! And having a great time they are, with myriad activities, in no particular order for A: Pep band, Assistant Yearbook Editor, campus TV station photographer and video editor. For C: Job on research project, job working with Computer Science on their servers, many tasks with TV station, Pep Band. They are so poised and having a blast. So we are happy as parents!



And we are quite impressed with Rob, A's boyfriend and all-around great guy, taking a massive 21 credit hours this semester. Excellent day, cool (about 54 deg F), windy but a glorious day with lots of sunshine at the cookout. For the end of the perfect day, the kids went to the Australian Pink Floyd concert in Hartford after we left.


Yes we miss them, but see their growth and are very happy!

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

i know you must be so proud of them and well deserved too!

smiles, bee

Dianne said...

Wow 7 weeks. I remember when they left, seems just yesterday.

Great photos!

Allegra's TV station work sounds really interesting.

You have a lot to be proud of with both of them.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

A little visit to hold you until the next time. we raise them to be individuals and then we watch them fly even if it is away from us slightly.

Lynn said...

Glad to hear that they are both doing so well. I have just one question (actually I probably have a bunch more, but this is the first one that came to my mind...) "Since when are daughters aloud to have boyfriends?!?!?" lol

Patti said...

haha, Lynn it's Patti and I'm laughing at your comment.

I felt that way too when Allegra was 14. She's not 14 any more.

Linda said...

I believe that Patti told me that you visited "the three kids" this weekend so it's nice to see Rob included in your post!

So glad to hear that they're having such a good time and doing so well. You must be deservedly proud!

SheSue said...

I remember Mother's weekend with my son. Are mother's not supposed to visit their son? Quite a few of the activities were definitely aimed at mom and daughter. Would you take your son to a fashion show or make-up game tent? Oh well, I was thrilled to see my son. Isn't it fun to see your kids do so well on their own.