Monday, October 6, 2008

Ruby Tuesday - spot the red yet?

For this week's Ruby Tuesday I decided to continue in the less red tradition, I offer this Hitchcock style view. What?? You do remember the cameo appearances in his films by the famed director? Why not this photo taken in the 'Director's' chair. A truly reflective view! As subtle as I can muster, there are two minor rubies to spot on this flawlessly restored 1964 Chevrolet:

  • The brief red under the famous Chevy bow-tie emblem
  • A piece of the taillight

The shot was taken at the Harvest Festival on Saturday. This is an annual street fest in our town (pop. 19,000), and there was a car show, fried dough, sausage and pepper stands and various other vendors. On a glorious sunny early autumn 60° day. Check The Teach for other submittals, with little or lots of red and artistry galore.

PS: My favorite cameo of the rotund Brit director is the one in North By Northwest...

27 comments:

Leora said...

Funky photo! And a self-portrait, too. It's a ruby treasure hunt. I think the line under the roof, if darkened, could possibly become ruby.

DrillerAA said...

I'd love to see the entire truck.
Nicely done Ruby Tuesday though.
Have a great one.

Felisol said...

Dear Ralph,
how ingenious, using the car as a mirror for a self portrait.
Happy Ruby Tuesday to you. From Felisol

me ann my camera said...

A neat angle and perspective. I see you too. Happy Ruby Tuesday!

People with Cameras said...

cool photo!

Linda said...

Oh come on ... there was no ruby red rust underneath the vehicle?!? Or is it just out of sight?

Great perspective!

ellen b. said...

Hi Ralph,
Ha! There you are and with a splash of ruby behind your too! Well done...

Jenn said...

That's a nice photo! Very cute!

My RT entries are posted here and here. Happy Tuesday!

Yen said...

Very cool photo! I see the red of course:) Mine is posted HERE. Happy RT!~

Paz said...

Very cool shot, indeed!

Paz

Mojo said...

That? Is one shiny El Camino!
'64... I forget... did they have a big block option in '64? For a "truck" they might have wanted it for the extra torque...

Bobbie in Hawaii said...

Quite an original image for Ruby Tuesday. Well done, Ralph.

Grandma Faith said...

Very interesting photo! "Goodnight."

♥peachkins♥ said...

very interesting photo...

onangelwings said...

There you are! Great self portrait idea.

Carletta said...

Hi Ralph,
This was very clever!
"Drive Away in a Chevrolet" - I think that was the jingle around Hitchcock's time. I loved his old shows.

Ivanhoe said...

What a shinny El Camino! Love the reflection of the director, too :o)

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Very unusual shot. It works for me, Alfred. (tee hee) ;-)

Bond said...

GUD EVE-IN-ING....

Well done Ralph...I went with a almost all red shot this week.

Dianne said...

Excellent directing and presentation! :)

I always loved when Hitchcock would appear.

~Just Me~ said...

What a cool idea!

jaejae said...

hehehe... well done, director airhead!

Becky and Gary said...

This is too cool. I would have never thought of it. Very creative!
Happy RT.

napaboaniya said...

A spot the red as well as a pretty creative photograph for Ruby Tuesday!! :)
Happy RT!

JunieRose2005 said...

Now THAT'S a cool shot!

...AND I see that red!


Thanks for visiting me, too!


Junie

Robin said...

What a clever shot. You've gotten great definition in that reflection too.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

cool perspective, what a photo.