Friday, November 14, 2008

Change O'Season


Should we believe the collective weather people, at least the ones on Fox61, Eyewitness 3, and News88, it will be quite chilly next week after the arrival of a cold front...as low as 40F. Geez, why the worry? You'd think civilization will cease with the arrival of a a hint of winter. I have given up on warm weather as a backdrop to my days...the real cold, totally leafless days are not too far away.



But winter can be pretty, at least before the sand spread on the street turns the snow brown. Like Patti's car, when the snow is fresh, looks almost like a baked good, as sort of Drakes Cake item covered in frosting. Perhaps we can give it a name like it Creme du Hyundai.

But not all play, as the fresh snow needs to be cleared. Eek! Cameron, our snow-in-the-driveway removal maven is at college. Who will do the deed this year? Well, I think that I'll abstain for obvious reasons. I hate to ask the lovely Patti...but it is an electric snow thrower, light and easily manuverable. Maybe all the winter snow will fall when he is home for the Christmas break...

4 comments:

Patti said...

I heard we are having a snow-less winter this year.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I have designated conn. as a snow free zone.

Joan said...

You sure know how to make a Southern California girl happy she is one. Brrrrr.....

Linda said...

I am hoping that all of our collective meteorologists are wrong as I have yet to get those two new tires on the front of my car that I'm going to need to be able to get up and down the two hills I live on.

Just as I don't wish to rush the Christmas season, I don't wish to rush the snow either!