Friday, November 7, 2008

Creative Photo - Air Inversion
























This is the latest installment of the always great Creative Photo contest from Roger, Idaho's finest photographer and spokesman. An old shot taken from while on a DC-10 decades ago. The plane's audio was turned to United's channel 9, which has the air-to-ground audio. The other planes on the same frequency were asking the controllers for other altitudes because of the rough air they were in. We, on the other hand, were enjoying the smoothest ride I've enjoyed upstairs.

So we all want smooth sailing in the air, and the picture on the left is serene. but on the right, the colors were inverted. Not sandwiched between the bluest skies and the fluffiest clouds, but in a different mood. I don't know exactly what it is...I see a ship's deck on the sea while navigating through a foggy sky while avoiding the rocks on the shore. Or what? A subtle adjustment in this shot changes the complexion and character of the view. Check out the other outstanding entrants in this week's creative foray into photography.

9 comments:

Patti said...

Very cool, Airhead!
;-D

Linda said...

The inverted shot most definitely makes the skies look less than smooth! Great entry for the contest!

I just love taking pictures from the windows of a plane but it's not something I get the chance to do very often at all.

Linda said...

Oh, and I almost forgot - you have been awarded and tagged over at my blog - perhaps Patti told you??

Enigma said...

VERY interesting. I have never had success taking photos from inside a plane. Good luck in the contest!

Roger said...

Awesome shots Ralph and a unique invert! Thanks for sharing your story's with us too, I always enjoy them!

Gattina said...

It must be so creative that I don't understand it, lol ! But I also don't understand anything of airplanes !

gmacomics said...

cool!

mark's tails said...

you have a great imagination, but I have to say, I see the ship as well.

crazy working mom said...

I love airplane window pictures. I hate getting stuck in the aisle when I fly! Nice shots. My CP - Anatomy of a leaf