Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'mThat Old?? Birthday meme

This meme was prompted by our state royalty, also known as Linda, Duchess-of-Norwich-Upon-Thames aka: Are We There Yet? This was inspired by Jamie of Duward Discussion and a post she wrote about her birth year. A meme was the result, and I decided to play along. Simple is the rule that says to go to The Birthday Calculator and plug in your date of birth to find all sorts of interesting stuff about you. Away we go:

26 April 1955
- I was born on a Tuesday, under the astrological sign Taurus.
- I was born in the Chinese year of the Goat.
- April 1955 is in the year 5715 on the Hebrew calendar
- Your fortune cookie reads: The skills you have gathered will one day come in handy.
- My age is the equivalent of a dog that is 7.66 dog years
- My lucky number is 6.
- Ruling planets is Venus.
- The average annual salary for American workers in 1955 was $4,128 (about $34,200 in 2008, per the CPI)
- In 1955, Gasoline cost 29¢ per gallon (about $2.35 in 2008, also per the CPI)
- In 1955 the
US population was approximately 150,697,361 people

As of today, I am:
- 53 years old.
- 643 months old.
- 19,576 days old.

Celebrities who share my birthday:
Bobby Rydell – Singer (1942). Known for the song Wild One
I.M. Pei – Architect (1917)
Mike Scott – Pitcher, Houston Astros (1955)

Top songs of 1955:
- Rock Around the Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets
- Ain't That a Shame by Fats Domino
- Maybellene by Chuck Berry

Events on April 26:
1607 - English colonists of the Jamestown settlement make landfall
1956 - First container ship left Port Newark for Houston
1984 - : 'Count' Basie, bandleader and composer of many swing era classics, dies. I really enjoy his One O'clock Jump, and April in
Paris
1986 - Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant disaster

My birthstone is Diamond: Diamonds are said to increase personal clarity to help one see things clearly as well as be straight-forward and honest...

I enjoyed this revue of history… and myself. Thanks to Linda and Jamie!

3 comments:

ramblingwoods said...

I was born in 56..I will have to go plug mine in and see what happens..

Linda said...

Great job, Ralph!

You know you're not quite old enough when you look at the famous people listed and think "huh? who?"!!

Catherine said...

You add 10 years, and take away 1 day and you get mine. 25/04/65
I know nothing to do with, just a little.