Tuesday, November 4, 2008

To vote or not to vote...


In this country, we have a right to vote should we choose to. I have done so since 1976, presidential, state, and local. Voting in Connecticut is easy, just fill out the choice in the bubbles and feed the ballot into the optical voting machine (since 2007). A neighborhood school was our polling location. completed the process in less than five minutes. You don't wait long to vote here, each ward having its own polling place. I have never waited more than fifteen minutes during any election. So, it is not a hassle to vote in Ansonia - there can be very few mitigating factors in not voting.

Article II Section I of the US Contitution says in part:
The Executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice-President chosen for the same Term...

My opinion is that if you didn't participate in the process, no whining about the results. Voting is but a small price to pay to live in our splendid Republic.

5 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

your lucky are lines were pretty long but we waited anyway.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

two words ralph, civic duty!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Linda said...

I have once again exercised my Civil Duty and reserved my Constitutional Right to Complain for the next four years.

And trust me, I plan on using it!

allegra said...

i voted today! here in hartford. :)

Ralph said...

Allegra my girl, what a kid!! Excellent, you will grow to love being in a representative republic - history is your specialty!