Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Window Dressing


There is nothing like your first apartment, for me in East Hartford in 1979. Now before you think this was party central alone, I did have a sense of aesthetics. Since the big window had a favorable exposure, I wanted to have plants that might thrive in the sun. And you see the place in early '80. I couldn't say what any of these plants were, today maybe they would make great ground cover for the hill in our back yard. But this window was the focal point for my first place. Note on the window sill there is a spritz bottle. Um...and a longneck beer bottle, too (what's that doing here??). What memories; it wasn't a bad rental, but it's nice these days having more space between units.

6 comments:

Patti said...

Before I knew ye...

I like all the plants. Let's get some more for our crib.

Linda said...

Ah, macrame flowerpot holders, I remember them well! Looks like you had a nice place there, Ralph!

Catherine said...

Since we can't afford a garden in Paris, we get many plants too, in our apartment.
I even have a lemon tree grew from lemon pips that have germinated. You can do it, it works!
I'm deeply attached to places, so I'm a little bit nostalgic as well when I go back to places where I've lived in my childhood.

Leora said...

I remember having some indoor plants. Then my first baby was born... we got rid of the plants. Thanks for sharing yours!

onangelwings said...

I was thinking the same as Linda, check out those macrame flowerpot holders. Ahhh...memories.

Bond said...

How manly of you to have so many plants...bet it made the women love you!

LOL