Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve


My family always gets together on Christmas Eve, this year at my sister Michele's house. I look forward to this,as it has always been a big day. Since 1963, my parents said we should buy for one othe kid. A sensible move, as with seven, who could afford to buy for all on a child's income (read: none).

We have continued through all the kid's kids. For the past three years and today, it is a Yankee Swap which is a blast. Too many rules to explain, but really fun. For food, it is pot luck, and I'm bringing the tomato bruschetta which will be served on a toasted bread (easy to make).

Finally, since we have a fake tree, I have decorated out potted Rosemary bush. We brought this hearty potted herb plant in in October, and it has a nice piney smell. So decorations were needed, and voila: a holiday plant with Christmas style. Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

merry christmas ralph!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Bond said...

Merry Christmas Ralph! Hope you had a wonderful day.

Tina said...

its lovely to get together with family at xmas isnt it. merry xmas to you!

thanks for stopping by my place and commentin :)

Joyce said...

Love the rosemary bush. It's beautiful!

Catherine said...

Perfect and very creative Christmas tree. It must smell good, furthermore.

Tink *~*~* said...

There was a huge section of potted rosemary "holiday trees" at the local Target this year. I have to agree, they smell wonderful.

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*