Thursday, December 4, 2008

Memories are made of these


I have been scanning away for the past week. Over 200 film photographs scanned, edited and filed since yesterday. These are images from before 2002 when we received our first digital camera. Naturally, I am unable to just process these images without memories of the past. Such as Cameron, jumping off the school bus after his first day of Kindergarten, his name tag swinging in the breeze. Or earlier the same first day of school, August 30, 1995.
My
self, Allegra (2nd grade), Cam and a doting grandma prior to the morning school bus. It is the last photo of me standing prior to the 'chair (11/17/95). Just an interesting pose on a nice day (I hadn't thought about college back then, of course).The last item was wheelchair related, the first day of house renovations to accept the 'chair. To construct the ramp in the front meant removal of the existing walkway for for the ramp excavation. The day was Halloween 1996. The entire sidewalk is being removed in one piece. There could be 10 more, but these three caught my attention. Memories of the way things were, so to speak...

5 comments:

Linda said...

I can only imagine the memories that all of this old pictures stir up for you. It's funny how much we forget over the years but reviewing pictures from our past bring the memories right back just like it was yesterday.

Bond said...

I know the memories you are stirring up my friend. As I scan thousands of photos and convert video tape to digital...

Thanks for continuing to share

Catherine said...

When we take a picture, it's like a freeze frame on life. And even, sometimes, I try to stop 'acting', (watching my children for instance), and remember a particular moment, knowing perfectly that tomorrow could be different. Making the most of present time.
My paper pictures are also treasures for me.

ramblingwoods said...

Awww...I need to learn to scan in my photos..These are really special..

Terry said...

Dear Ralph..These pictures and stories on your blog will be a heritage to your children....Love Terry