Friday, December 12, 2008

Looking at the Sky - Part I

I am happy to be introduced by the lovely Patti to Tisha's fine picture feature,
Looking at the Sky.
I am intrigued, and ready to contribute. This is a scan of a view from a United DC-10 from LA to Chicago decades ago.
Clear skies and the smoothest flight ever.

If I remember, This is probably the first in a sequence of pictures I took at the beginning of the long descent into O'Hare, probably over eastern Iowa. Just fair weather clouds underneath the 135 foot starboard wing. Rather wispy clouds in the light blue August sky. Unremarkable shots yet
with a magical feeling: Being in a heavier than air machine while being in the sky...and looking!

3 comments:

napaboaniya said...

Nice shot from the plane :)

R and J said...

Plane shots are always special and my favourites.

Gattina said...

Beautiful shot out of the plane ! I have never tried it.